Classified as a heritage property by the Ministry of Tourism in India, Kumarakom Lake Resort offers a fairytale setting on the banks of the picturesque Vembanad Lake, which is swept by the intoxicating fragrance of spices. This exquisitely landscaped 25-acre resort comprises 50 wooden air-conditioned museum cottages, extensive backwaters, lagoons and canals, flanked by luxuriant coconut groves. The villas are assembled from traditional homesteads dismantled from various villages in Kerala and painstakingly restored and relocated on this paradise resort. Equipped with open-roofed garden bathrooms leading directly to the pool, the interiors are adorned with beautiful mural paintings, ceramic tiled floors, mellow lighting and cosy beds. A 250-metre meandering pool snakes its way in and around the cottages offering direct access to your doorstep. The intimate jacuzzi enclosure provides a magical viewing spot of the lake and horizon.
FACILITIES & SERVICES
The Ayurmana - the heritage retreat of Ayurvedic healing at Kumarakom Lake Resort. Every beam, every wall of the Ayurmana pulsates with the historic powers of the oldest of sciences. The 200-year-old Ayurmana, had been the home of the Chathamangalathu Mana, a family of renowned Ayurvedic practitioners. And this rich legacy lives on, as the Ayurmana stands with pride as the renowned Ayurveda spa of equally befitting calibre. The exquisite 'Nalukettu' or four-sided mansion had been transported in its entirety from its original location to Kumarakom Lake Resort, and had been recreated with careful detail and expertise. Discover harmony with nature, with Yoga. Asanas or postures in Yoga, meant to isolate the ego from the body and mind are designed to sharpen your concentration, improve your health and assist you in attaining peace of mind. The large, tranquil pool at Kumarakom Lake Resort presents the vivid illusion of being a part of the shimmering lake. In the freshness of the mornings or the cool breezy evenings, and with an equally inviting Jacuzzi, the poolside offers the perfect antidote for tired limbs after a hectic day of leisure. The Fitness Centre offers a whole gamut of ultra modern branded fitness equipment. Wifi is available across the resort's public areas as well as in the villas and rooms.
- Traditional welcome drink on arrival.
- The rate of the Houseboat includes Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner on a fixed menu basis.
- Traditional tea and snacks every evening at our “Thattu Kada”.
- Cultural program in the evenings.
- One-hour sunset cruise every evening.
- Health Club and indoor games.
- 32 Inch Television.
- Iron and Ironing Board.
- Bath Amenities such as soaps, shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer along with a dental and shaving kit.
- Cotton robes for use at the resort.
- Bath, Hand and Face Towels. Pool Towels for use at the pool.
- Wall mounted make up mirror and hair dryer.
- Electronic safe.
- Complimentary tea/coffee makers. Tea bags, coffee and sugar sachets are replenished once a day.
- Two bottles packaged drinking water.
- Assorted Indian Newspapers.
- Shoe shine kit and bathroom slippers.
- Use of pool and fitness center.
- Housekeeping service twice daily – morning cleaning and evening turn down service.