Set in the heart of the Thimphu Valley, the Taj Tashi, is a gateway to a land steeped in mythology and magic. The mountain kingdom of Bhutan remains one of the old world’s last few strongholds, as yet unspoilt by civilization. In the charmed isolation of the Himalayan heights, Bhutan’s ancient and alluring ways of Mahayana Buddhism continue richly intact to this day, and permeate every aspect of Bhutanese life and art. In keeping with the enchanting surrounds, the hotel is a blend of Bhutan’s Dzong architecture and modern design. Adorned with classical hand-drawn Buddhist murals, its 66 elegant guestrooms afford guests striking highlights of the region’s art and colour. Besides breathtaking views of the mountains that rise above the Thimphu valley. Come, enter the gateway to paradise on earth.
FACILITIES & SERVICES
Guest rooms adorned with swirls of hand-painted murals of clouds – a recurring motif in Bhutanese art – take in sweeping views of the surrounding mountains. Elegant, expansive and luxuriously appointed, the rooms, in the manner of all Taj Hotels, pamper guests with the finest amenities. Suites, on the other hand, feature distinctive canopy beds, walk-in closets and home theatre systems. Natural lighting emphasizes large, well laid-out bathrooms featuring standalone Christina bathtubs.
- Jiva Spa
- Heated indoor swimming pool
- 24-hour fitness centre with Lifefitness brand equipment
- 24-hour on-call doctor & nurse
- Facilities for the disabled
- Marble bathrooms with luxury bath amenities
- Complimentary Wi-Fi for resident guests
- Fine-dining specialty restaurants—Chig-Ja-Gye (Bhutanese) & The Thongsel (European & Bhutanese)
- Ara, music-themed bar Rimps, tea lounge
- 24-hour in-room dining